Course Description: The Introduction to Defensive Handgun course is designed for shooters of all skill levels, but targeted toward a student who is carrying, or is considering to carry of a handgun in a concealed manner in public.
Students will learn the basics of defensive shooting and how defensive shooting differs from target and recreational shooting.
This course starts with a safety briefing, a review of fundamentals and then moves into defensive concepts designed to give you the basic tools to effectively defensively use your handgun.
Students will receive:
- Firearm Safety
- Marksmanship fundamentals and defensive shooting
- Fundamental Shooting position
- Presenting from the holster (from concealment)
- Speed vs accuracy and precision
- Special notes: There is a range qualification requirement to successfully pass this course.
Other Information / Course Requirements:
- Students should supply their own firearm, hearing and eye protection.
- Students must bring a PROPER fitting holster for their firearm.
- Students should supply their own ammunition, recommended 125-150 rounds.
- We are here to help! Students can purchase or rent items for class use depending upon availability in the RMGC Pro-Shop.
- Due to current ammunition availability challenges instructors will keep live fire to the minimum necessary to complete the course.
- Proper attire is required: No open toed shoes, no low or open collars, etc.