Defensive Rifle 2
Course Length: 8 hours
Skill Level: Intermediate / Advanced
Maximum Class Size: 6
Range Requirement: Range
Course Description: The Defensive Rifle 2 is designed to build on the base skills taught in the Intro & Defensive Rifle 1. This course adds stress shooting, timed events, and real-world scenarios to enhance your ability to perform in a realistic defensive encounter. Use of rimfire rifles or conversion kits is acceptable also.
Students will receive:
- Firearm Safety
- Confirmation of zero
- Loading / reloading exercises
- Intermediate Movement techniques
- Barricade shooting – Advanced
- Threat recognition
- Multiple threats – left / right / rear
- Transitions to secondary weapon
- Team Movement
- Alternate positions
Other Information / Courser Requirements:
- Students should supply their own firearm, hearing and eye protection.
- Course assumes a modern sporting rifle / carbine
- Students must have their own ammunition, required 500 rounds (or more).
- Backup firearm (Pistol) with at least 200 rounds of ammunition
- PROPERLY fitting holster for secondary firearm
- PROPERLY ADJUSTED 1, 2 or 3 point sling for rifle
- At least 3 magazines (if using low capacity, 4 or more).
- Appropriate caliber ‘snap caps’ for malfunction drills.
- Belt magazine carriers / chest rig / Plate carrier
- We are here to help! Students can purchase or rent items for class use depending upon availability in the RMGC Pro-Shop.
- Due to current ammunition availability challenges instructors will keep live fire to the minimum necessary to complete the course.
- Proper attire is required: No open toed shoes, no low or open collars, etc.