Defensive Rifle 1
Course Length: 8 hours
Skill Level: Beginner / Intermediate
Maximum Class Size: 6
Facility Use: Range
Course Description: This Defensive Rifle 1 course develops the basic ability to properly zero, shoot and maintain rifle / carbine. The course is intended for shooters of all levels, whether a new defensive rifle owner or a seasoned shooter, the skills taught create the basis of threat focused shooting and defense using the carbine platform. Use of rimfire rifles or conversion kits is acceptable also. Don’t let the name fool you, this is a tough course, and all level shooters will benefit from the content.
Students will receive:
- Firearm Safety
- Personal gear and load-out
- Carbine / Rifle accessories / load-out
- Loading, reloading, and unloading
- Carbine / rifle shooting fundamentals
- Proper shooting positions
- Carbine / rifle zero
- Foundation exercises
- Threat recognition exercises
- Multiple Threat Engagements
- Speed vs Precision exercises
- Malfunction Drills – Clearing common malfunctions
- Movement – Forward – Lateral
- Shooting from Barricade
Other Information / Course Requirements:
- Students should supply their own firearm, hearing and eye protection.
- Course assumes a modern sporting rifle / carbine (AR/AK platform)
- Students must have their own ammunition, required 350 rounds (or more).
- At least 3 magazines (if using low capacity, 4 or more).
- Appropriate caliber ‘snap caps’ for malfunction drills.
- Belt magazine carriers / chest rig / Plate carrier are OPTIONAL! You do not need any carriers in this class if you do not already own one of the above.
- We are here to help! Students can purchase or rent items for class use depending upon availability in the RMGC Pro-Shop.
- Due to current ammunition availability challenges instructors will keep live fire to the minimum necessary to complete the course.
- Proper attire is required: No open toed shoes, no low or open collars, etc.