Defensive Handgun 2
Course Length: 8 hours
Skill Level: Intermediate / Advanced
Maximum Class Size: 6
Facility Use: Range
Course Description: The Defensive Handgun 2 course is an intermediate to advanced pistol shooting course that builds on the skills learned in the Intro to and Defensive Pistol 1 courses. Students will learn advanced defensive shooting techniques that will potentially be encountered in real-life self-defense situations. Being required to maintain shooting fundamentals, students will be challenged with several advanced shooting drills, injected malfunctions, and movement techniques.
Students will display competent defensive shooting knowledge proving the theories of the ‘how’ and the ‘why’ behind the skill.
Students will receive:
- Firearm Safety Rules review
- Safe Handling of Firearms review
- Intermediate shooting techniques
- Threat-focused shooting
- Engaging threats to the left/right and rear
- Threat Identification
- Intermediate barricade exercises and movement
- Stress and disorientation exercises
- Introduction to team movement exercises
Additional Information / Course Requirements:
- Students MUST supply their own firearm due to the nature of the course as well as hearing and eye protection.
- Students should bring at least 400-500 rounds of ammunition.
- Students should bring at least 2, preferably 3 or more magazines.
- Students should bring at least 5 ‘snap caps’ in the caliber of their firearm.
- We are here to help! Students can purchase items for class use depending upon availability in the RMGC Pro-Shop.
- Due to current ammunition availability challenges instructors will keep live fire to the minimum necessary to complete the course.
- Proper attire is required: No open toed shoes, no low or open collars, etc.
Cost: $150.00 ($250.00 if taking both Defensive Handgun 1 & 2, discount only applies if signed up for both classes)